May is National Bike Month, sponsored by the League of American Bicyclists and celebrated in communities from coast to coast. Established in 1956, National Bike Month is a chance to showcase the many benefits of bicycling — and encourage more folks to active living. This May, try out the most unique bike to hit the market and celebrating our first year in the USA – the Lopifit, electric walking bike.
The Lopifit is different than any other bike in production, it literally stands apart! The Lopifit is a combination of a treadmill and bike without a seat or pedals run by a small computer with a Samsung motor. Walking on the Lopifit ignites the motor with six adjustable gears allowing you to reach speeds up to 17 MPH. The Lopifit goes up to 40 miles per charge making it an awesome means of transport, healthier for you and the community and loads of fun.
Lopifit US is celebrating our 1st Anniversary as the exclusive American Lopifit distributors the whole month of May for “Bike Month”. Our corporate office in Destin is offering free test rides on the Lopifit bike, visit our site to schedule a ride today at www.TheWalkingBike.com or call us at 850-550-9988. Lopifit US is hosting an event Wednesday, May 17th 4 PM at 1008 Airport Road, Suite B in Destin. Join us as the Destin Chamber of Commerce has a ribbon cutting ceremony, light refreshments, giveaways and free rides on the Lopifit. Click here to subscribe to all Lopifit US events and updates.
HEALTH & PRODUCTIVITY– Lopifit commuting is a great way to Squeeze exercise into a hectic schedule
- More than 2/3 of the U.S. population is overweight or obese, costing more than $68 billion in health care and personal costs annually. The Lopifit offers low impact but high cardio, high calorie burn fitness…you will walk with ease but full body exercise. Lopifit US are proud members of the American Heart Association and the Lopifit bike is a proven exercise routine that fits in AHA’s target heart rate chart.
- A study of nearly 2,400 who biked to work were fitter, leaner, less likely to be obese, and had better triglyceride levels, blood pressure, and insulin levels than those who didn’t active commute to work. Just imagine the fun alone of riding the Lopifit to and from work every day!
- Active commuters report lower stress and greater feelings of freedom, relaxation, and excitement than car commuters. Employers in the community benefit from a healthy, active workforce, as well.
- There’s nothing like walking and rolling to work on the Lopifit to stimulate circulation, relieve stress, allow creative thought and establish a positive attitude toward oneself and one’s environment.
- Whether on bike paths or roads, Lopifit are much more maneuverable than automobiles keeping traffic clearer. Wide lanes, shoulders and bike lanes provide space for Lopifit to ride past traffic and on to work.
- Commuting to work and errands via Lopifit saves on parking fees, parking tickets, fuel costs, auto maintenance costs and transit fares. According to analysis by the League, Americans saved more than $4.6 billion instead of driving in 2012 alone.
- Traveling by Lopifit to work, it is possible to save more than $200 per month on parking alone. And any Lopifit sales you refer earn you Lopi-bucks, click here for more information on the Rider Rep Program!
- A study from popular bike community, Portland, Oregon, shows residents save $2.6 billion per year thanks to spending less time in cars and more time biking or walking.
- Communities that invest in biking infrastructure are cost-effective. For $60 million — the cost of a single mile of urban highway — the city built a full city-wide bicycle network. Lopifit US support these eco-friendly transportation studies and are proud to have been recently a part of the 30A Mobility Project in Seaside, Florida along HWY30A, read more here.
- And biking is good for business! Research in multiple cities has shown that patrons arriving by bike visit more often and spend more money. The Lopifit bike has endless options for cargo for grocery shopping and other errands: baskets on the front, on rear, hard and soft cargo cases over the luggage rack and trailers that pull behind the bike….Lopifit US is working on adding an accessories line to our site, stay tuned!
- As costs of employee parking sites are growing, many companies are looking for cheaper alternatives of ride sharing, incentives for bike commuting, etc… It costs the same to build parking for 75 bikes as it does for just 4 cars! Lopifit to work and park right at the front door!
ENVIROMENTAL BENEFITS – The Lopifit bike is a green alternative to moving while enjoying the outdoors while helping to protect it!
- The transportation sector is responsible for more than 70% of all petroleum use in the U.S., and NASA reports that motor vehicles are the greatest contributor to climate change. The popularity of Lopifit e-bikes mean a smaller carbon footprint. Beyond carbon dioxide, cars are the single largest source of U.S. air pollution.
- The Lopifit has an electric assist to allow longer distances and faster speeds powered by a Samsung lithium ion rechargeable battery, saving money while being earth friendly too! And short trips in cars are up to three times more polluting per mile than long trips- even more reason to Lopifit commute.
- There are 800 million car parking spaces in the U.S., totaling 160 billion square feet of concrete and asphalt…at least 8 Lopifit bikes can park in the space used by a single automobile!
So get outdoors and celebrate bike month this May, join us by trying the Lopifit bike for a free test ride by contacting us online at www.TheWalkingBike.com and we hope to see you at our Lopifit US event in Destin on May 17th!